I HAVE TAKEN THE PLUNGE AND AM SETTING UP TO LOAD FOR THE 500 JRH. FOR A KING'S RANSOM, BRASS IS AVAILABLE FROM BUFFALO BORE, AMMO IS ALSO AVAILABLE FROM BB FOR $3.50 - $4.00 PER ROUND. THERE ARE NO 500 JRH RELOADING DIES BUT APPARRENTLY THE RCBS 500 S&W/500 SPECIAL DIES WILL WORK SO I GOT A SET (IT COMES WITH A SEATER/ROLL CRIMP DIE). ALSO HAVE PURCHASED A HORNADY SEATING DIE SO I CAN SEAT AND CRIMP SEPARATELY. I ALSO HAVE SOMEWHERE, I THINK, A 50 AE TAPER CRIMP DIE, AND HAVE ORDERED A REDDING 500 S&W PROFILE CRIMP DIE THAT I HOPE TO HAVE A BUDDY WITH A LATHE CUT DOWN A LITTLE SO IT WILL WORK FOR THE 500 JRH. LEE CAN MAKE A CUSTOM FACTORY CRIMP DIE BUT THEY ASK FOR A DUMMY ROUND TO BE SENT TO THEM TO WORK OFF OF. I HAVE ALSO ORDERED A LARGE DILLON POWDER DIE WITH A 500 FUNNEL (POWDER THRU EXPANDER). LUCKILY, LOOKS LIKE A 475L/480R SHELL HOLDER AND THE DILLON SHELL HOLDER PLATE FOR 475/480 WILL BOTH WORK WITH THE 500 JRH. ALSO BOUGHT 40 ROUNDS OF THE SLOW CAST 440gr BB LOAD, AND 40 ROUNDS OF BB's 400gr LEHIGH WFN MONOLITHIC LOAD. MY NET WORTH HAS ALREADY TAKEN A BIG HIT AND I HAVE NOT ORDERED BRASS NOR BULLETS YET. THINKING I WILL ORDER 100 OR 200 CASES FROM BB, AND SOME 400gr POWDER COATED CAST BULLETS FROM MISSOURI BULLETS. UNLESS I DECIDED TO PERSUE A CAPE BUFFALO OR A BROWN BEAR WITH A 500 JRH, FOR EVERDAY USE I AM THINKING A 400gr .500 BULLET @ 1,000 - 1,100fps MAY BE ALL I NEED (OR WANT). AT 1,050fps THAT 400gr BULLET WILL HAVE A TKO VALUE OF 30, NOT BAD AT ALL!

Edited by 45MAN (06/27/19 06:25 PM)