Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#65464 - 02/28/10 07:01 PM Wyoming Combination Holster
Snyd
enthusiast

Loc: The Last Frontier

Anyone around here have one?? I'm gonna order one for the SBH BisHunter. He custom makes them for your gun. I emailed pics to Von and will mail him a tracing of my gun and payment tomorrow. I talked to a guy here at a gunshow a couple weeks ago who said it;s the best holster he's ever had and it took him 20 years to find it. He says that with the wrap around design it's form fitting and doesn't flop around. Very easy to get on a off when taking off your coat, etc. Not a bunch of straps to fool with.

Here's a pic Von emailed of one with what looks like a redhawk. Notice the buttons on the strap. You could tighten it up and raise it higher. I think this pic gives the illusion that it is larger than it really is.

Wyoming Combination Holster

My 45 Colt BisHunter

Here's another pic from Ringlers website.

And a couple from Dustin Linebaugh's site for sixguns without a scope. It looks like this one's been carried some.

Edited by Snyd (02/28/10 07:23 PM)

#65465 - 02/28/10 07:22 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: Snyd]
TCTex.
Shootist

Loc: Sherman Texas!

Nice looking rig!!

#65494 - 03/01/10 08:21 AM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: TCTex.]
KRal
Shootist

Loc: MS

Does look nice!

#65499 - 03/01/10 09:24 AM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: KRal]
Tigger
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Western New York

Nice looking rig.

I have a similar rig from Pistol Packaging called the Bandito. What I like is the ease of changing holsters for each gun. Have you seen the Bandito?

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**

#65503 - 03/01/10 01:29 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: Tigger]
Snyd
enthusiast

Loc: The Last Frontier

Ya, I looked at pics of the Pistol Packaging rigs and they looked like the holster would flop around. Maybe I'm wrong?

Anyway, I just mailed off a check and a tracing of my gun to Von Ringler to make my rig. I'll be the forum guinea pig on this one and let you all know what I think when it shows up. He said 3-4 weeks turn around time. I figure add another week or two for mail time, etc. I should have it by mid April.

#65504 - 03/01/10 01:54 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: Snyd]
PsyopsE6

Loc: North Carolina

Very nice, looks like the work is first class..thanks for the nice photos...ElDee

#65521 - 03/01/10 05:23 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: PsyopsE6]
GlennS
old hand

Loc: KS

I know that Fowler here on the board has one and seems to like it very much. I've seen his and it seems very well constructed. Mike Barranti makes a nice one also called the NW Hunter rig. I have one of his and love it for hunting just as another option. The turnaround time is not as fast as Ringler's though if that matters
\:\)

#65530 - 03/01/10 07:27 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: GlennS]
wyote
addict

Loc: NW Wyoming

I have a couple of them. I haven't tried them all but this holster is the most comfortable rig I've found. I've never worn mine around my waist, only over the shoulder. It doesn't flop around or slide, except when your crawling up on something. Then it will slide under your belly. If you get a belt strap attached to the back side of the holster it will stay put. The early holster I have didn't come with the strap but I sewed one on and attached a snap. If I were getting this rig I would make sure it had one

#65553 - 03/01/10 11:07 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: wyote]
Fowler

Yes I like my combo holster, I generally prefer a right hip holster for 99% of the time in the back country. But for hunting in the back country it is nice as you can keep it under a jacket really easily. Also works very well while carrying a gun fishing with waders on.

My favorite holster I own in a pancake style holster with a thumb break. It is holds the revolver high on my hip while controlling the weight of the gun so I don't even notice it on my hip. It is a 98% solution for me. Regrettably I don't appear to have ever taken a picture of the holster up close. This is the only picture I have of the holster at all, I like the picture but it does not help much here.

Von is a great guy to deal with and I highly suggest his work. If you are having a gun built by John or Dustin Linebaugh you can have him build the holster to fit your gun for a perfect fit. I did that on my Bisley Vaquero and it was a great thing to do while Dustin was tuning my gun. Oh and he has the best cartridge slide for the money of anyone out there I know of...

#65554 - 03/01/10 11:21 PM Re: Wyoming Combination Holster [Re: Fowler]
rlb
old hand

Loc: Challis,Idaho

Fowler,

I can see by your dress that you are a cowboy.
;\)

Edited by rlb (03/01/10 11:21 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
3 registered (Seminole Wind, Whitworth, Gregg Richter) and 165 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
My first Monster R
My first Monster Ram

375 Winchester
375 Winchester

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.012 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.