Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#25222 - 02/11/08 11:16 AM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: wapitirod]
huntkng
addict

Hi Wapitirod,

I was president, Vice President and a board member of COSSA (Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association) in the past. There is a day use fee available for non members and I can get things moving if you want to use the COSSA range. I can tell you though that it is a very active range and the schedule is filling up quickly. There is dry camping available on site. Depending on the dates we may be able to use the 1000 yard range, but for sure the 500 meter and 200 yard silhouette ranges. We have hosted shoots that have accommodated several hundred shooter from around the world so we wouldn’t have to limit the numbers.

As a side note; I’ll be putting on a 500 meter Big Bore pistol and 200 yard .22 silhouette pistol matches in early June, 2008. That might fill in for what you have in mind.

Bill

#25230 - 02/11/08 04:55 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: huntkng]
wapitirod
Shootist

Loc: Tillamook, Oregon

Thanks Bill, so far I think there is only a handfull of us, I know we have some more members on here from the NW but I havn't seen them on here for a little while. I figure I'll wait until after my surgery on the 25th and see if we have anymore takers and then we can see exactly what we have and who could make the trip, it might be that in order to make the most of it we start working on a shoot for next year. I just figured since there are more of us out here now it would be fun, it sounds like the guys back east have a good time with their deal. I'm going to be having my surgery in Bend and will be back and forth alot so maybe we can get together and figure something out.

#25294 - 02/12/08 11:24 AM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: wapitirod]
huntkng
addict

Let me know when you are recovering and I'll stop by the hospital to visit.

Bill

#25295 - 02/12/08 11:41 AM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: huntkng]
rupe
veteran

Loc: Christmas Valley, Oregon

I hear he really likes pink flowers. \:D \:D

Wapitirod: How far can you shoot and hit with those revolvers? \:\(
<><

#25300 - 02/12/08 12:32 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: rupe]
wapitirod
Shootist

I'll do Bill, I'll actually only be in the hospital for a day or two but I'll be hanging around town for a week and then I'll be back over fairly regularly for a while. Rupe I like the pink and white flowers. Maximum distance for me with my scoped 475 is about 100 yds comfortably and maybe 50 with the short barreled 475, although I hit my coyote at 115 but there was some (alot) luck there. I'm still playing with the 410 but I think with the 2-6x I should be good for 150 maybe 200 with the lighter bullets on varmints and deer

#25303 - 02/12/08 01:27 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: wapitirod]
rupe
veteran

Just wanted to know how far away I should be from you when I make smart*** remarks.
<><

#25304 - 02/12/08 01:30 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: rupe]
wapitirod
Shootist

Nice, I'll just wait till you move to christmas valley and I'll bring you some pets, such as pack rats, they are always fun to get rid of.

#25305 - 02/12/08 01:30 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: rupe]
TCTex.
Shootist

Loc: Sherman Texas!

Behind a steal plate would be better.

#25306 - 02/12/08 01:33 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: rupe]
wapitirod
Shootist

Nice, I'll just wait till you move to christmas valley and I'll bring you some pets, such as pack rats, they are always fun to get rid of.

#25310 - 02/12/08 01:41 PM Re: Northwestern Blast and Blab [Re: wapitirod]
rupe
veteran

Thank you what a moving in gift. Now be nice and you'll have a place to camp when you want to shoot sage rats. Or mule deer, Elk, Bear, Prong horn, coyotes, Badgers, and snakes (don't expect any help there, I'll be to busy running and screaming like a little girl).

I wonder if my old second chance vest would stop a .475, (One of these days I'm going to see how well it would have worked, could I have a volunteer please?)
<><

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Gary, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
2 registered (abner, Chance Weldon) and 73 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
s4s4u
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Ernie
Gary
Franchise
Tigger
Chance Weldon
pab1
Dan B.
Gregg Richter
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Your success depen
Your success depends on the right hunting equipment

Defensive Use from
Defensive Use from Dangerous Game Using Revolvers

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.