I just spoke to Oregon Trail bullets now owned by Rim Rock. They have most of the line back up. Instead of showing a 310gr .429 bullet they show a 300 grain. The picture looked like the same bullet with the 2 lube grooves. He told me it is the same bullet but cast out of a harder alloy. He said they actually checked the leftover bullets and found them to be anywhere from 13bh to 15bh. The new bullets are tested at 22bh which is the reason for the lighter weight. I will be trying some soon. The old 310gr is the bullet that shot a 1" 5 shot group at 100 yards from my Bisley Hunter. I hope and pray these follow suit.

The 360gr bullet for Hot .45 Colt and .454 was another bullet I wish I had a pile of. My lucky day. They still had the originals in inventory from the old company. He said they actually tested 15bh. They are a bit soft for full power .454 but were incredible in the hot 6 shot 45 loads. Using Pierce's data I could get 1260fps from my 4 5/8" Blackhawk over a grain off his max and they were accurate.Now to get some on the way!

Edited by reflex264 (11/05/20 11:25 AM)

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....