Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200936 - 08/03/19 09:39 PM Re: Squirrels [Re: Pa. Mike]
Chance Weldon Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Martin, Tennessee

Good shootin! Wish squirrel season here would hurry up and get here.

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling

#200951 - 08/04/19 01:01 PM Re: Squirrels [Re: abner]
longhunter
enthusiast

Loc: Butler, Missouri

Originally Posted By: abner
I'll be out trying to hit some at the end of August when the season opens. This will be the first year hunters have to use non-lead bullets here in Calif. Haven't found any yet that will shoot as accurate as my sub sonics, but I should be able to shoot well enough.
Didn't know they made .22 ammo with anything other than lead bullets. Please elaborate, I would like to know what you are using and what kind of results you are getting.

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"

#200960 - 08/04/19 06:33 PM Re: Squirrels [Re: longhunter]
Chance Weldon Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Martin, Tennessee

Originally Posted By: longhunter
I'll be out trying to hit some at the end of August when the season opens. This will be the first year hunters have to use non-lead bullets here in Calif. Haven't found any yet that will shoot as accurate as my sub sonics, but I should be able to shoot well enough.
Didn't know they made .22 ammo with anything other than lead bullets. Please elaborate, I would like to know what you are using and what kind of results you are getting.

I thought the same after reading his post. A quick search on Midway turned up this: CCI Copper-22 Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 21 Grain Copper Hollow Point Lead-Free

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling

#200969 - 08/04/19 10:56 PM Re: Squirrels [Re: Chance Weldon]
longhunter
enthusiast

Loc: Butler, Missouri

Originally Posted By: Chance Weldon
 Originally Posted By: longhunter

I thought the same after reading his post. A quick search on Midway turned up this: CCI Copper-22 Ammunition 22 Long Rifle 21 Grain Copper Hollow Point Lead-Free

Well they are fast at 1850 FPS, it states that "The projectile is constructed from a unique mix of copper particles and polymer compressed into a potent, 21-grain hollow-point bullet" I wonder if they would have any expansion or just break apart on impact. Also a little light for my taste, I like a 40gr solid point in my revolvers and a .36gr HP's in a rifle.

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath,But when I do so do the neighbors"

#200976 - 08/05/19 01:22 PM Re: Squirrels [Re: longhunter]
RSW

Loc: KY

Good shooting and nice bunch of tree rats. I'm ready if it'll cool down in August. Early hunting in KY is pretty hot and the bugs will eat you up but if we get a cool spell its wonderful!

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
1 registered (junebug) and 162 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Whitworth
s4s4u
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Ernie
Gary
Tigger
pab1
Franchise
Chance Weldon
Dan B.
Gregg Richter
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
My Bittersweet Buc
My Bittersweet Buck

Smith & Wesson Mod
Smith & Wesson Model 57 Classic

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.04 seconds in which 0.011 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.