Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200843 - 07/28/19 10:11 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: tradmark]
Bigbrowndog
journeyman

Loc: Central Texas

Teep, the lowest setting on a FF3 is pretty freakin low,....I can?t see it in normal daylight. The FF2 is auto setting, and that can be too bright sometimes.
I?m still trying to get them to put actual settings that work with NVD?s, Because the lower settings bloom IR night vision. But I?m trying!!!

Trapr

#200844 - 07/28/19 10:15 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Bigbrowndog]
Gregg Richter Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Originally Posted By: Bigbrowndog
Franchise it sounds like you?re talking about simply illuminating a handgunscope!!!.......that should be an easy thing to do, and an interesting prospect. I?ll mention it to the Burris engineers, it may be something that can easily be accomplished and fit both their Scout scope line and handgun scope line.

Trapr

Ok, a scope instead of a red dot sight...big difference, thanks for clarifying.

#200845 - 07/28/19 10:39 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Teep]
Randy M
veteran

Loc: New Braunfels, TX

Originally Posted By: Teep
Franchise it sounds like you?re talking about simply illuminating a handgunscope!!!.......that should be an easy thing to do, and an interesting prospect. I?ll mention it to the Burris engineers, it may be something that can easily be accomplished and fit both their Scout scope line and handgun scope line.

Trapr

While you're talking to the Burris engineers also tell them we need lower settings on the red dots for early mornings, late evenings, and deep woods. Just barely on would be great.

Trijicon RMR Type 2 1MOA.

#200847 - 07/28/19 11:34 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Teep]
Zee
Gun Slinger

Originally Posted By: Teep

Trapr

While you're talking to the Burris engineers also tell them we need lower settings on the red dots for early mornings, late evenings, and deep woods. Just barely on would be great.

NVG compatible would be nice.

#200848 - 07/29/19 08:17 AM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Zee]
Bob Roach
old hand

Loc: Missouri Ozarks

I bought Round One of my handgun scopes in the early 1990's when I got into Contenders. I bought Five 2-7X Burris scopes.
My next new handgun scope was a couple years ago when I returned one to Burris that was replaced with a new 2-7.
I have bought two more Burris 2-7's in the last two years. I was pretty impressed with the newer Burris Handgun Scopes. I picked up a used Leupold 4X in the last two years also.
My last 3 scopes for my Encore have all been Rifle Scopes.

If you buy a quality scope that is pretty much what you need. You will own it a very long time. One time purchase.

A lot of us have started running rifle scopes on longer range handguns which are getting more popular with us handgun hunters. This is also taking away from handgun scope sales.

I tend to run Red Dots (Ultra Dot & Match Dot) on Revolvers and shorter range handguns such as my 357 Maximums, and my Optima Muzzle Loader. I prefer scopes on my single shots.

Bob R

#200850 - 07/29/19 09:46 AM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Bob Roach]
ruger4570
addict

Loc: Illinois

My scout rifle came with a NcStar 2x7 illuminated scout scope. I put it on my Ruger Single Six Hunter and it works great. I bought a second one for my 10" contender 22 barrel. Looking forward to use on squirrels this fall. I shot 30+ rounds out of the 308 scout with this scope before putting on my 22, and it seemed to hold up fine. One thing, the entire crosshair lights up, not just the center.

#200855 - 07/29/19 05:46 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: ruger4570]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

I bought a Leupold Delta Point when they were $299 and the first time I used it in the field I knew I was going to sell it. Sure there`s crosshair movement with a scope but the dot seemed to magnify much more for ME.. Guess I`am just a scope guy... Use what you like...
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#200903 - 08/02/19 03:34 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: jamesfromjersey]
Sawfish
old hand

Loc: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia

What the factories do depends on who is running the show. A few years back, the then CEO of Fiat-Chrysler made the decision to discontinue the Dodge Dakota (a vehicle in which Dodge had invested millions in revamping) because "no one wants a midsize truck". Chevrolet gleefully rolled out its midsize Colorado and racked up industry accolades for pickup truck of the year, along with the sales that Dodge lost. Toyota upsized the Tacoma to midsize and other manufacturers followed suit with similar vehicles. Zeiss developed a beautiful variable handgun scope, but the project was scrapped, and it never hit the market. The Zeiss rep. that was pushing for the scope was told there was no demand. When the Black Rifle Craze hit the shooting industry a few years ago, investor groups were buying up gun companies right and left. Think Savage, Marlin, T/C to a certain degree and others. Most of them stripped the lines down to a few best sellers, and concentrated on the black rifles and accessories for that segment. After they saturated the market, most sold off the stripped down companies. Of course this is all business but the hard truth is that if a company does not have someone on its board that understands and supports handgun hunting, there will be more of the same.
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA

#200905 - 08/02/19 04:23 PM Re: buy your scope now [Re: Sawfish]
H2OBUG
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Louisiana

I picked up two older Burris fixed powers with target turrets and adjustable objectives for $95 ea shipped the other day.
Have a good stock pile now.
Still need a 3-12 Burris if anyone has a nice one they want to part with.

#200912 - 08/03/19 04:54 AM Re: buy your scope now [Re: H2OBUG]
sw282
addict

Loc: CSRA of GA/SC

Well GEE WHIZZ!! I just found a NIB Weaver 2x CLASSIC SILVER handgun scope.

Unopened in its box. Forgot l had it. $200 SHIPPED.. Anyone interested?

Edited by sw282 (08/03/19 10:11 AM)

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Chance Weldon, jamesfromjersey, Gregg Richter, Gary 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
6 registered (KRal, BIZZMO, REDHAWK1954, RJon, Randy M, Wheelguns1961) and 208 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
Whitworth
s4s4u
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Ernie
Gary
Tigger
pab1
Franchise
Chance Weldon
Dan B.
Gregg Richter
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Trophies - In The
Trophies - In The Eye Of The Beholder

An 8 The Hard Way
An 8 The Hard Way

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.046 seconds in which 0.015 seconds were spent on a total of 15 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.