Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192261 - 05/02/18 03:54 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
Subsciber

content Online
Tradmark, I'm not bitchin' just stating an already noticed and addressed fact. If you can't figure out who I'm talking about, me "outing" him won't help you. Bootlickers start piling on.

#192262 - 05/02/18 04:43 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Subsciber]
tradmark
Gun Slinger

Point is u shouldnt be calling out anyone. Theres 10k plus member here and what, 14 checks mailed? Not sure why you think its appropriate to call anyone out. Theres about 9,990 people doing the same at this point but it reminds me of one of the most epic debacles around our small town out here in west texas. Theres a real wealthy oulman that kept his lil church afloat and would make sizeable donations to many local charities including the local boys and girls club. One year they were going to do a building project and set a fundraising goal. He was going to match the half they reached, once they reached it. When word got out he hadnt yet given he got attacked by several locals publicly and in print. He just wanted to see if the community would support it without him doing all the heavy lifting so to speak. It got nasty, they apologiz d when they found out the plan, the damage was done. Several of the locals were members at his church. He moved one of his local businesses, pulled about
900 jobs from the community, pulled his funding from that church and it
Closed and he set up shop in a different nearby community. Point is, when something is offered from the goodness of your heart and its ?extra? not essential giving its best not to guilt and pressure and attack people into participating. Sometimes it degenerates into killing off a life saving maneuver so to speak. My prediction was this would turn ugly. I predicted people would be called out and that doesnt count further funding in the future and the multiple ownership by many people. Gregg posed a little call out earlier but very nonspecifically, but a call out nonetheless. What u are posing subscriber could apply to several people. None of whom have an obligation to do anything! Its something u get out of kindness, not call outs.

#192263 - 05/02/18 04:58 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: tradmark]
Mech 8

Loc: San Antonio, TX

If there is indeed 10K members, wouldn't a $1 donation from each cover the entire cost including what Gregg has voluntarily agreed to put up? I felt a hole in my heart when HHI shut down, but found some consolation in this site now only to have it go down as well. Yes, I sent a check. No, I'm not calling anybody out. Please send what you can, if you can, when you can.

#192264 - 05/02/18 05:13 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Mech 8]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

Originally Posted By: Mech 8
If there is indeed 10K members, wouldn't a $1 donation from each cover the entire cost including what Gregg has voluntarily agreed to put up? I felt a hole in my heart when HHI shut down, but found some consolation in this site now only to have it go down as well. Yes, I sent a check. No, I'm not calling anybody out. Please send what you can, if you can, when you can.

good.....
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#192265 - 05/02/18 05:44 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: jamesfromjersey]
Subsciber

content Online
So, let me see if I get this right because I'm a simple man. First, I never actually called out anyone that hadn't already been hinted at. Maybe your comprehension skills didn't pick that up. Second, apparently YOU think its ok to call me out when in all actuality the post was never directed at you. Before you say its an open forum remember that works for me too. Next, if the person in question intentions was to "wait and see" they wouldn't have quit posting and maybe could have stated their nobel intentions. Even if they are sooo busy this rescue effort has been going on for over a month. Come on, nobody is that busy especially when they used to post their wit and wisdom practically every day prior to the call for support. I agree with you (believe it or not) that no one has an obligation to participate but you would think if they have used the site to sell their products in the past they might want to pay it forward, right? I know I'll never shame them into contributing if they don't feel like it, and that's really not what I'm trying to do, but I do think if they don't want to join in financially they should stay gone. That's my point.

#192267 - 05/02/18 06:44 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Subsciber]
Walkingthemup
addict

Loc: this side of the black stump

Over the years that I have enjoyed this site, one thing stood out. It wasn't the inspiring stories or the wealth of info, it was the camaraderie and the absence of the bitching, trolling, name calling and general nastiness that plagues almost every other forum on the net. On this forum we are all friends (admittedly all of us can have our bad days - we are after all human. Lets keep it friendly.

While I've been able to contribute, I don't begrudge those who haven't. We all have priorities, needs and obligations. There have been times in life when I haven't had enough money to spare to be able to donate to anything so I understand those who can't. Lets just be grateful that there are some who can and that hopefully the site will continue.

ps. I'm not too fussed over possible future ownership structure. I just contributed so that there is a future.

#192268 - 05/02/18 06:48 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Walkingthemup]
reflex264
Pooh-Bah

pm me the paypal address please.

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....

#192269 - 05/02/18 07:15 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Subsciber]
tradmark
Gun Slinger

Im not actually sure who you are referring to. It could be several people. That said, i also fit the bill to the earlier alluded to post.

Edited by tradmark (05/02/18 09:44 PM)

#192273 - 05/03/18 11:39 AM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: ScoutV2]
Gregg Richter Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Pine, Colorado

content Online
[quote=ScoutV2]Do you have a way to do PayPal? This may help with the digital age folks... It is easy to setup and do a private or friend to friend transaction.

[/quote

Sorry for late response.

Sending PM

PayPal charges a fee to the recipient; will send you bank transfer info that costs nothing.

#192274 - 05/03/18 11:46 AM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
Gregg Richter Administrator
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Pine, Colorado

content Online

I quoted a PM sent to me, and said it fit. Wasn't calling anybody out. Some here are simply stating what they feel is important to them because they are true and are human.

Page 4 of 10 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
5 registered (RH Custom Guns, reflex264, sixshot, Randy M, TXlongbow1) and 132 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Tag Team Tag Out.
Tag Team Tag Out.

Africa with the 35
Africa with the 358JDJ Contender - Part I  The Glen Boyd Plantation

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.051 seconds in which 0.014 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.