Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192203 - 04/30/18 10:40 AM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
karl
addict

Loc: Minnesota

Thanks for the update. I'll send off another contribution this week. Keep us updated on progress.

#192211 - 04/30/18 04:56 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: karl]
Sawfish
addict

Loc: Peoples Republik of Kalifornia

It is a sad commentary, when such a miniscule part of this community is willing to put their money where their mouth is. They will happily accept information that is freely given, but will not spend one thin dime to support the source. No one has the time or inclination to write their elected officials about harmful firearms legislation nor the money to donate the equivalent of one box of ammunition to support the NRA-ILA in its legal battles for their gun rights. Bad things (and bad laws) happen when good people do nothing. There are few pro-gun communities left in cyber-space. If this one goes down, just look in the mirror for the answer why.

Edited by Sawfish (04/30/18 04:57 PM)
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA

#192212 - 04/30/18 06:25 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
Gregg Richter Moderator
Shooting Master

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Well stated, sir. You can tell a lot about people when the chips are down.

Seems like some regular posters have even "disappeared" lately. Actually, this last thought was PM'ed to me. But I feel the horse shoe fits the hoof, so will pass it along.

I believe that the good brave folks here will come through and we will survive.

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

#192214 - 04/30/18 06:37 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
reflex264
Pooh-Bah

I will send another 100. I sure want this to work.

I was a handgun hunter, when handgun wasn't cool.....

#192221 - 04/30/18 07:42 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Sawfish]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

Originally Posted By: Sawfish
It is a sad commentary, when such a miniscule part of this community is willing to put their money where their mouth is. They will happily accept information that is freely given, but will not spend one thin dime to support the source. No one has the time or inclination to write their elected officials about harmful firearms legislation nor the money to donate the equivalent of one box of ammunition to support the NRA-ILA in its legal battles for their gun rights. Bad things (and bad laws) happen when good people do nothing. There are few pro-gun communities left in cyber-space. If this one goes down, just look in the mirror for the answer why.
\:o
\:o
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#192222 - 04/30/18 07:44 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: Gregg Richter]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

14 people....amazing
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#192224 - 04/30/18 08:40 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: jamesfromjersey]
MrMcPorkchop

Loc: CA

I haven't forgotten, have a note to remind me on payday to send out money. Been in the slow-mover category while I took care of other financial obligations. I can't believe that only 14 people had donated when this post was written, sure were a lot of people offering to help out in any way they could to keep it afloat in the beginning.

Gregg, I can't even remember the last time I physically wrote a check, since all my bills auto pay through the bank. Can I send money to you through PayPal or some other non-check form? I'm not sure I can find my checkbook in the depths of my gun safe.

Eric.

#192229 - 04/30/18 10:12 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: MrMcPorkchop]
45MAN
addict

Loc: brownsville, texas

USUALLY, NO MATTER THE ENDEAVOR, ONLY A FEW ROW THE BOAT. ALSO, TO SOME $100 MAY NOT BE A LOT OF MONEY BUT TO MANY $100 MAY BE A LOT TO SQUEEZE OUT OF THE FAMILY BUDGET. MY THANKS TO THOSE THAT HELP, NO HARD FEELINGS TO THOSE THAT DON'T.

#192230 - 04/30/18 11:17 PM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: 45MAN]
s4s4u
Shootist

Loc: Northern MN

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
USUALLY, NO MATTER THE ENDEAVOR, ONLY A FEW ROW THE BOAT. ALSO, TO SOME $100 MAY NOT BE A LOT OF MONEY BUT TO MANY $100 MAY BE A LOT TO SQUEEZE OUT OF THE FAMILY BUDGET. MY THANKS TO THOSE THAT HELP, NO HARD FEELINGS TO THOSE THAT DON'T.

Yes, $100 is a lot of money to some of us. Some of you spend big bucks paying to hunt all over the country or the world and $100 is peanuts. Most of us are in a much different boat. Perhaps if you lower your sights a bit you might get more response. Isn't 5 donations of $20 the same as one of $100? Been saving for new rubber for the pickup, priorities. If one is going to be looked down upon for not having the means to drop a C-note at a whim, I have other priorities.

Rant over. Out.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.

#192234 - 05/01/18 12:29 AM Re: LAST DITCH PITCH [Re: s4s4u]
Gregg Richter Moderator
Shooting Master

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Originally Posted By: 45MAN

Yes, $100 is a lot of money to some of us. Some of you spend big bucks paying to hunt all over the country or the world and $100 is peanuts. Most of us are in a much different boat. Perhaps if you lower your sights a bit you might get more response. Isn't 5 donations of $20 the same as one of $100? Been saving for new rubber for the pickup, priorities. If one is going to be looked down upon for not having the means to drop a C-note at a whim, I have other priorities.

Rant over. Out.

One hundred dollars is a lot of money to me, I agree, and to be honest I don't know how that amount was established but I also don't know that it was set in cement. I also do not feel that calling it a "whim" is accurate.

S4s4u: my sights have been lowered if that is what you want me to say; any amount you or anybody else here wants to donate to help out is acceptable. I will adjust the drawing entries accordingly to keep it fair.

But if you have other priorities like tires, I understand.

My apologies to all here if you mistook Chance's and my intentions. We each plan on putting up several thousand dollars ourselves.

Gregg

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

Page 2 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
0 registered and 54 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
Dan B.
pab1
TN Lone Wolf
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
6.8 SPC Buck
6.8 SPC Buck

Long Range Ram
Long Range Ram

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.