Page 2 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191169 - 03/28/18 04:19 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Teep]
ScoutV2

Man... I have only been here for a short amount of time. However I have learned many things thanks to this community. Thank you for all the time and effort that has been put into this site. I would also like to thank all the community for all the help and responses that have lead me to be a better handgun hunter!

#191170 - 03/28/18 04:36 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: ScoutV2]
45MAN
old hand

Loc: brownsville, texas

content Online
IT WILL SHUT DOWN BEFORE I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR, BUT EVEN AS A LONG TIME HANDGUN HUNTER, I HAVE LEARED MANY THINGS ON THIS WEBSITE, AND MADE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND RENEWED OLD ACQUAINTANCES. MANY THANKS TO GARY FOR HAVING DONE IT. I HOPE SOME ONE CAN CONTINUE IT OR REPLACE IT. WE NEED A WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

RECENTLY THERE WERE PERSONAL ATTACKS THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE BELONGED ON THIS WEBSITE AND THAT CREATED A TOXIC ATMOSPHERE. ASIDE FROM THIS RECENT TOXICITY, WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE ABATED, I ENJOYED 99% OF THIS WEBSITE.

#191171 - 03/28/18 04:44 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: 45MAN]
Ernie
Distinguished Expert

Loc: Gillette, Wyoming

Thanks Gary for your long-time efforts.

The cost and time commitment to pick this up would be really big.

#191172 - 03/28/18 04:58 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Ernie]
Franchise
Shooting Master

Loc: Castalia, NC

content Online
Thank you Gary for providing this avenue for me to meet other dedicated handgun hunters. I've made many friends through this site..it will definitely be a sad day when it's gone.

#191174 - 03/28/18 05:04 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Franchise]
Randy M
addict

Loc: New Braunfels, TX

I echo everyone else's comments. Thank you for all the work and stress that comes with maintaining this operation.

#191175 - 03/28/18 05:13 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: 45MAN]
Gary Administrator
Distinguished Master

Loc: Austin, TX USA

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
IT WILL SHUT DOWN BEFORE I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR A YEAR, BUT EVEN AS A LONG TIME HANDGUN HUNTER, I HAVE LEARED MANY THINGS ON THIS WEBSITE, AND MADE SOME NEW FRIENDS AND RENEWED OLD ACQUAINTANCES. MANY THANKS TO GARY FOR HAVING DONE IT. I HOPE SOME ONE CAN CONTINUE IT OR REPLACE IT. WE NEED A WEBSITE LIKE THIS.

RECENTLY THERE WERE PERSONAL ATTACKS THAT I DO NOT BELIEVE BELONGED ON THIS WEBSITE AND THAT CREATED A TOXIC ATMOSPHERE. ASIDE FROM THIS RECENT TOXICITY, WHICH SEEMS TO HAVE ABATED, I ENJOYED 99% OF THIS WEBSITE.

Anytime this happens someone needs to call it to my attention and I will take care of the problem. Sorry that I missed this but please if it happens again just shoot me a PM.

#191177 - 03/28/18 05:16 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Ernie]
KYODE
Gun Slinger

Loc: Northeast Ky.

content Online
Ive been here a long long time. One of the first sites i found when i first got internet. I can remember when there might be one or two posts every day or two. Now you might have 50 on one thread to say nothing. 🤪😂

Seen many many people come n go also. There were one or two site formats before this one.
Would Be nice if someone could help it continue. If not..... well.....life will go on.....until it doesnt anymore.

Specialty pistols website has a hunting section. Facebook(kinda sadly and so far) has several handgun and handgun hunting related groups. If this doesnt get resolved before the curtain falls seek another gathering place to regroup n plan.

🙋🏻‍♂️

#191178 - 03/28/18 05:46 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: KYODE]
REDHAWK1954
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Statesville NC

I am sad to hear bout this but I am very thankful to Gary for all the work he has put into this site. I, like many others have learned so much from this site and everyone on it. I also would like to invite anyone on this site who is on face book to send me a friend request so we can keep up with each other. I am Michael Moore on facebook.

#191179 - 03/28/18 05:57 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: REDHAWK1954]
s4s4u
Shootist

Loc: Northern MN

If it is a financial issue, I'd bet enough members could pony up a few bucks each to pay the bills. I am a member of a few sites that take donations to float the boat, voluntary. If it is a time thing, that is a different story. This place has been like home for me and many of the people I have met here I will surely miss. If it does come to an end perhaps we can meet up on another forum or something. It is fairly simple to set up a facebook group. It wouldn't be the same as this but we could keep in touch and share stories. Thank you for all the efforts, Gary.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.

#191180 - 03/28/18 05:58 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: REDHAWK1954]
Walkingthemup
addict

Loc: this side of the black stump

Like many others here, I would like to thank Gary for al the time and work he has put into this venture. I can only guess how much stress the early years brought and how much time/money he has sunk into this. \The site provided friends, information and inspiration. In a world where even other hunters regard handgun hunting as something of a fringe activity, its been a great reassurance to have the company of like spirits who thrive on the challenge.

If anyone can come up with a viable model to keep the site going then I'd be happy to contribute a paid membership or whatever else is needed.

Page 2 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Chance Weldon, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
4 registered (Chance Weldon, KevinG, KRal, pab1) and 160 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Terminal results o
Terminal results of XTP and Swift

Handguns For Disab
Handguns For Disabled Hunters

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.042 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.