Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191150 - 03/28/18 09:31 AM OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE
Gregg Richter Moderator
Shooting Master

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Gary, I sure am sorry to hear that; it sure has been a good ride and many many thanks for doing what you have done.

Sincerely,

Gregg

Announcement: Shutting It Down June 1

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

#191152 - 03/28/18 09:40 AM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Gregg Richter]
karl
addict

Loc: Minnesota

I am also sorry to hear that Gary. I have only been active a few years, but found the site to be extremely helpful as I got started in handgun hunting. I feel that HHM is one of the better if not best resource out there for this info and a great place to get feedback and opinions.

I would be very interested in helping if someone/some group coalesces around a plan for continuation of the site in some way.

karl

#191153 - 03/28/18 09:42 AM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: karl]
Raptortrapper
Shooting Expert

Loc: Colorado

I'm in too! I contacted Gary about buying it, but it's out of my reach to do alone. There are others who have contacted him as well. Let's get this done!!

#191154 - 03/28/18 09:44 AM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: karl]
Gregg Richter Moderator
Shooting Master

Loc: Pine, Colorado

Originally Posted By: karl

I would be very interested in helping if someone/some group coalesces around a plan for continuation of the site in some way.

karl

I also would be interested at the very least as a contributor, columnist, and/or also as a moderator if that would be of interest to the new owner/s. Unfortunately I can not help financially due to overwhelming and over-due medical bills.

Anybody have any ideas?

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

#191155 - 03/28/18 09:44 AM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Gregg Richter]
SGalan
journeyman

Oh man...bummer. This has been a great resource for me and a community I enjoyed checking in on daily. It will be missed greatly. As a younger man to the sport, it's been a great source of info on challenging topics that are not often covered in other resources. I can only hope someone will take the baton and continue to lead the magazine and keep it alive.

Thanks Gary for all you've done.

#191159 - 03/28/18 11:04 AM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: SGalan]
JDK

Loc: Texas Hill Country

This is truly sad news. I just rediscovered this site after many years absence. It is a treasure trove of information and entertainment for our often maligned and misunderstood hobby. So many wonderful people here I never would have known existed.

But for the grace of God, there, I go.

#191160 - 03/28/18 12:11 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: JDK]
MrMcPorkchop

Loc: CA

I have found this site to have been an endless wealth of knowledge and experience from the more seasoned handgun hunters here than myself. And I will say that it is the nicest and most helpful group of folks I have found on the internet. With Facebook censoring and shutting down many of the gun discussion groups I feel like this site is even more important now than ever. If someone is willing to take over, is there a way we can all contribute to a fund to cover operating costs of the website so nobody is incurring the workload to run and maintain and cover the costs themselves as well?

Eric

#191162 - 03/28/18 01:39 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: Gregg Richter]
billa
addict

Loc: Central PA

Gary,

First of all. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR STARTING AND MAINTAINING THIS SITE FOR SO MANY YEARS. GREAT JOB. So sorry it is coming to an end.

I would certainly be interested in paying a membership fee or usage fee if anyone takes the plunge at continuing the site. I believe there is a group of us that were former HHI members that were paying annual dues there that would gladly do it again. The combination of closure of this site and the demise of HHI leaves a gap and creates an opportunity for a new organization.
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.

#191165 - 03/28/18 03:02 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: billa]
BBwheelgunner
veteran

Loc: Olympic Penninsula, WA

That is a bummer to read!

Thank you Gary for having this platform as long as you have... I learned a lot and got a ton of inspiration from all of the great members on this site!

Thank you again!

#191168 - 03/28/18 04:01 PM Re: OPEN FOR COMMENTS RE: WEBSITE CLOSURE [Re: BBwheelgunner]
Teep
journeyman

Loc: MO

Having just gotten back into handguns again in the last few years I found that I knew little about handgun hunting as it now stands but this forum really was a great education and eye opener. I read each post with excitement and wonder at some of the skills and knowledge assembled here. Thanks to Gary for this site and all those that participated and shared their knowledge. I sure hope someone can step forward and keep it going, we almost lost our airgun forum this year but a new site was created to keep the knowledge intact. Again, thanks to all.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Dan B., ClayFHT, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
2 registered (jwp475, cmnash) and 110 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
Dan B.
pab1
TN Lone Wolf
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Sweet first sucess
Sweet first sucess

THE GREAT KING OF
THE GREAT KING OF THE UNCOMPAHGRE FOREST

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.026 seconds in which 0.009 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.