Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#188504 - 01/11/18 06:31 AM Bisley grips
dhom
addict

I like the Ruger bisley grip with JRH's enhancements. Do any of you guys have experience with that one and the BFR bisley grip? If so, what do you like or dislike? How does it compare?

#188509 - 01/11/18 09:20 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: dhom]
Randominator
enthusiast

Loc: Central Kentucky

I have several revolvers with Gary Reeder's Gunfighter Bisley grip. It's very comfortable and does a great job reducing recoil.

"get busy living, or get busy dying"

#188510 - 01/11/18 09:31 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: dhom]
Whitworth
Shootist

Loc: Virginia

Originally Posted By: dhom
I like the Ruger bisley grip with JRH's enhancements. Do any of you guys have experience with that one and the BFR bisley grip? If so, what do you like or dislike? How does it compare?

Huntington makes the Ruger Bisley grip usable when heavy recoil comes into play. My .500 Maximum would rarely catch my middle knuckle, that's how good his grips and the mods are. The BFR Bisley is a different animal as it comes out of the box with ample space so your knuckles don't get tagged. The sort of resemble a banana, but they really work. I have done extensive heavy load shooting with them and think they are the best commercially produced grip available. I have four BFRs with the Bisley grip. See below:

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

#188518 - 01/11/18 08:25 PM Re: Bisley grips [Re: Whitworth]
45MAN
enthusiast

Loc: brownsville, texas

WHAT DOES JACK HUNTINGTON DO TO THE RUGER BISLEY: 1) GRIP FRAME AND/OR 2) THE GRIPS?

#188521 - 01/12/18 12:16 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: 45MAN]
Gregg Richter Moderator
Shooting Master

Loc: Pine, Colorado

My two cents worth:

From the bottom photo the top revolver looks to be a BFR factory grip and the bottom revolver looks like the grips are slimmed on the bottom on the small end (no grip frame mod?) but also quite a bit on the big end (grip frame mod-yes.)

Is the bottom one a JRH Mod?

There's more than one way to skin a coyote.

The only man smarter than a wise old coyote is the one that gets him.

#188522 - 01/12/18 07:35 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: 45MAN]
dhom
addict

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
WHAT DOES JACK HUNTINGTON DO TO THE RUGER BISLEY: 1) GRIP FRAME AND/OR 2) THE GRIPS?
When you get the alterations from JRH he uses your hand measurements for the stocks and gives you knuckle room for the big boomers.

#188524 - 01/12/18 07:37 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: Whitworth]
dhom
addict

Originally Posted By: Whitworth
 Originally Posted By: dhom

Huntington makes the Ruger Bisley grip usable when heavy recoil comes into play. My .500 Maximum would rarely catch my middle knuckle, that's how good his grips and the mods are. The BFR Bisley is a different animal as it comes out of the box with ample space so your knuckles don't get tagged. The sort of resemble a banana, but they really work. I have done extensive heavy load shooting with them and think they are the best commercially produced grip available. I have four BFRs with the Bisley grip. See below:

Max, I may have to give them a call and get a price to put them on my 475 L. Thanks

#188525 - 01/12/18 09:00 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: Gregg Richter]
KRal
Shootist

Loc: MS

content Online
 Originally Posted By: Gregg Richter
My two cents worth:

From the bottom photo the top revolver looks to be a BFR factory grip and the bottom revolver looks like the grips are slimmed on the bottom on the small end (no grip frame mod?) but also quite a bit on the big end (grip frame mod-yes.)

Gregg, both the grips in the photo above are Magnum Reasearch factory offerings.

If you look in the classified section here, there's a BFR that had the original plowhandle grip, but is now modified by JRH.

Edited by KRal (01/12/18 09:03 AM)

#188529 - 01/12/18 09:23 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: Gregg Richter]
Whitworth
Shootist

Loc: Virginia

My two cents worth:

No, they are all BFRs -- factory BFRs. The bottom photo shows the "plowhandle" above the new "Bisley." Sorry, should have clarified.

Huntington makes a true custom grip for your hand and also subtly re-contours the grip to give you a little more space between the grip and the back of the trigger guard. It's really subtle but extremely effective.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

#188551 - 01/13/18 06:11 AM Re: Bisley grips [Re: Whitworth]
dhom
addict

Originally Posted By: Whitworth
My two cents worth:

No, they are all BFRs -- factory BFRs. The bottom photo shows the "plowhandle" above the new "Bisley." Sorry, should have clarified.

Huntington makes a true custom grip for your hand and also subtly re-contours the grip to give you a little more space between the grip and the back of the trigger guard. It's really subtle but extremely effective.
Max, When I get JRH grips they are definitely thicker than Ruger factory grips.[made for my hand] Is the BFR grips bigger than factory Ruger grips? I don't have large hands but, I like a little more "meat than factory Rugers."

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Dan B., ClayFHT, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
14 registered (Franchise, Seminole Wind, Dirty harry, billa, EricS, nomosendero, 1 invisible) and 80 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
Dan B.
pab1
TN Lone Wolf
Gregg Richter
johnwilliams
Franchise
  Member Hunts
Emergency survival
Emergency survival - polar bear with a 38

MAGICAL MYSTERY TO
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR:  MUZZLE LOADER  BULL

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.