Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182857 - 08/25/17 08:39 PM PACKING IRON
45MAN
old hand

Loc: brownsville, texas

SEEN A LOT OF PRETTY GUNS HERE SO FAR BUT WHAT ABOUT GOOD LEATHER? I BELT CARRY IN THE FIELD (MY RANCH, AT MY SHOOTING RANGE ON THE RIO GRANDE, AT A DEER LEASE FRIENDS AND RELATIVES HAVE, etc.) MAYBE 80 OR SO DAYS A YEAR. MOSTLY I USE EL PASO SADDLERY ROUGHOUT MONEY BELTS AND I AM PARTIAL TO VINTAGE HOLSTERS, ESPECIALLY FANCY HOLSTERS (BBQ HOLSTERS) BUT ALSO HAVE PRACTICAL PLAIN HOLSTERS. WILL BE POSTING PICTURES OF GUNS AND HOLSTERS SOON (I HOPE).

P.S. TEXAS NOW HAS OPEN CARRY BUT IN URBAN AREAS MOST LICENSE HOLDERS PREFER TO CARRY CONCEALED AND I RARELY CARRY OPEN IN TOWN.

#182863 - 08/25/17 09:58 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: 45MAN]
Whitworth
Shootist

Loc: Virginia

This is a Barranti Threepersons housing one of my 5 1/2-inch Bisleys - a custom in .45 Colt.

This elephant hide holster was stitched by member CraigC. The picture does it no justice (I have better photos of it that I will post as soon as I locate them).

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

#182864 - 08/25/17 10:06 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: 45MAN]
junebug
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Bardstown ,Ky

I have never been a fan of open carry in public places.I don't advertise. The people that I think need to know I carry do. Never been to a fancy barbecue,but around like minded people I would carry in one of the cross draw holsters I have made. Couple of pictures on bragging board,never can seem to figure out how to post them.

#182868 - 08/25/17 10:55 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: junebug]
45MAN
old hand

MAX: I CHECKED OUT BARRANTI LEATHER, NICE STUFF, MAY GIVE HIM SOME BUSINESS, I REALLY LIKE HIS FANCY No. 5 WITH FLORAL CARVING AND LACING.

JUNEBUG: A BBQ GUN IS JUST A FANCY GUN, USUALLY ENGRAVED AND/OR WITH FANCY GRIPS, AND OFTEN NICKELED OR BRIGHT STAINLESS.

#182870 - 08/25/17 11:09 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: junebug]
s4s4u
Shootist

Loc: Northern MN

Quote:
...I would carry in one of the cross draw holsters I have made. Couple of pictures on bragging board,never can seem to figure out how to post them.

Well, lets see if we can't do something about that junebug ;-)

Nice!!!

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.

#182872 - 08/26/17 06:19 AM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: s4s4u]
45MAN
old hand

BOUGHT A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL CARVED, AUSTIN STYLE, EL PASO SADDLERY HOLSTER FOR A N-FRAME S&W, AT A GOOD PRICE, ON EBAY. WORE IT TO THE SHOOTING RANGE ON THE RIO GRANDE (IN NO-MAN'S LAND BETWEEN THE RIVER AND A BORDER FENCE). IT FIT FUNNY AND WEIRD IN MY NORMAL RIGHT SIDE CARRY. WHEN I GOT HOME I FIGURED OUT IT WAS A CROSS DRAW. BECAUSE OF MY GIRTH AND LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION IN MY RIGHT SHOULDER CROSS DRAW IS NOT PRACTICAL FOR ME. BEFORE I BUY OFF THE INTERNET NOW I LOOK CLOSE TO MAKE SURE IT IS NOT CROSS DRAW. WHEN I HAVE ENUFF POSTS TO QUALIFY TO PUT IT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS YOU MAY SEE IT.

#182873 - 08/26/17 06:55 AM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: 45MAN]
Newt
journeyman

Loc: Burnet, Texas

Very nice Junebug!

#182879 - 08/26/17 10:40 AM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: Newt]
Craig44
enthusiast

I have made one or two. From traditional blackpowder rigs...

...cowboy rigs...

...and movie rigs...

...to field holsters...

...modern concealment...

...flap holsters...

...and Rocky Mountain fur trade era knife sheaths.

#182884 - 08/26/17 12:48 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: 45MAN]
mart
journeyman

Loc: Wasilla, Alaska

I love good leather and this thread has a lot of nice holsters. I can see I am going to have to add a Craig44 holster to the inventory. Here's a few of mine. You'll notice they're all correctly handed.

An old El Paso Saddlery Threeperson cross draw. My wife bought this for me as a birthday present when I only had one centerfire revolver and we were poor as church mice. It rode on my belt many a thousand miles. It shows a little wear.

Another birthday present from my wife. A Barranti EK#5.

A pair of 45 Colts in their respective shucks. The top one a vintage Lawrence 120 and the lower a Simply Rugged Pancake.

This old Bianchi makes a nice home for my Powermag.

And a well worn, much traveled old Hunter housing an equally well traveled Single Six. Many long miles and days on the trapline and a few truck loads of coyotes fell to the SS.

#182896 - 08/26/17 09:03 PM Re: PACKING IRON [Re: mart]
45MAN
old hand

MART: GREAT VARIETY OF CLASSIC HOLSTERS AND HOLSTER TYPES, PACKING IRON THE RIGHT WAY. YOU CAN FIND GOOD LAWRENCE HOLSTERS FOR UNDER A $100 ON EBAY. MOST OF THE SELLERS DO NOT KNOW WHAT GUN THE HOLSTER IS FOR SO YOU HAVE TO FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELF. HOW DO YOU LIKE THE EK#5? CLASSIC STYLE + FLORAL CARVING + LACING, HARD TO GET ANY FANCIER.

Page 1 of 9 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Chance Weldon, jamesfromjersey, Gregg Richter, Gary 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
0 registered and 130 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
pab1
Dan B.
Chance Weldon
Gregg Richter
Franchise
johnwilliams
  Member Hunts
Alaskan Spring Bla
Alaskan Spring Black Bear

Buffalo - with a h
Buffalo - with a handgun

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.041 seconds in which 0.01 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.