Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179711 - 03/24/17 10:26 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: wapitirod]
Raptortrapper
Shooting Expert

Loc: Colorado

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: Raptortrapper
 Originally Posted By: Whitworth
...but we have discussed this ad nausea on this site (and others) and I find it somewhat tedious at this stage.

I think that's why these types of threads don't get the emotions going like they used to. We used to be able to sell tickets to these threads. Now everyone is to tired to get into it again! By now, with a dozen posts in on this thread, someone would have called Rod at least 4 names, James would have pounded his fist on the table, somebody else would have broke a beer bottle over Whitworths head, another guy would have been trying to throw Trademark out the window, and Gary would have said, "I'm watching" at least once by now. Me, Briarhopper (Dewayne), and Chance would be sitting back giving high fives and asking each other "OHHHHHH! Did you see that??!!"

I kinda miss those days! It was fun, in a way...

You mean people called me names? My blood pressure was so high my veins in my forehead were blocking my vision. Those were the good old days. There were times had some of us met in person it would have made cage fighting look like kindergarten recess.

Yeah, boy those were some good "discussions" back then. I'll never forget some of those conversations! I was actually referring to s4s4U when I mentioned "Rod", but yeah, that little description would have applied to you as well!

I've wondered where you've been, and hoped all was okay. Sure glad to hear from ya again!

#179712 - 03/24/17 10:43 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: Raptortrapper]
jamesfromjersey Moderator
Shootist

Loc: New Jersey

Regardless whether your hunting handgun is loaded with cast or jacketed, as long as you put that bullet in the vital of the animal in your sights you will collect your critter......One may work faster then the other or visa/versa depending on circumstances but both will kill, as they have done hundreds of times over, if placed correctly....
\:\)
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"

#179713 - 03/24/17 10:54 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: jamesfromjersey]
Whitworth
Shootist

Loc: Virginia

You can keep that expanding crap for small game.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

#179715 - 03/24/17 11:22 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: Whitworth]
TN Lone Wolf
Shooting Master

Loc: Martin, Tennessee

content Online

Cast bullets are for people too impatient to wait for a broadside shot.

Or for people too poor to afford A-Frames or XPBs.

Or for people using those wimpy 44 Specials and 45 Colts.
;\)

Pleasedon'tkillmeitwasjustajoke

"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." - J.K. Rowling

#179716 - 03/24/17 11:41 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: TN Lone Wolf]
s4s4u
Shootist

Loc: Northern MN

content Online
 Quote:
45 Colts

HEY NOW!!!
;\)
\:D

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.

#179718 - 03/25/17 12:19 AM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: TN Lone Wolf]
AK hgunner1
addict

Loc: Last Frontier

Was that the bell for the next round TN Lone wolf ? hahahaha

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of GOD

#179719 - 03/25/17 01:32 AM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: TN Lone Wolf]
Raptortrapper
Shooting Expert

Originally Posted By: TN Lone Wolf

;\)

Pleasedon'tkillmeitwasjustajoke

BOY...!!!!

You wanna get out of the bleachers and into the ring, keep it up!

#179720 - 03/25/17 02:37 AM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: Raptortrapper]
wapitirod
Shootist

Loc: Tillamook, Oregon

I am staying out of this one. The two times I got into it I got a talking to by Gary. I shoot both but primarily XTP Mags, and I came across about 20 boxes of 300gr .452 Partitions. I've played with the Barnes some but they are expensive although since the Nosler Pro shop turned into yuppie central I've gone exclusively to Barnes in my long range rifles, especially my M40 in 300 RUM where I use the LRX bulletsMy 357 Herret I am running what I have left in 200gr SST's. My encore 300 Win Mag I switched to Triple Shocks from accubonds and my 375x444 I am running Hornady 270gr Spire points to break it in with and depending I may go with triple shocks there. My last 3, 375 JDJ's I ran 260gr accubonds. Oregon has gone to hell and Leupold and Nosler with it. They cater to yuppies. Oregon Trail and Cast Performance are still holding together though. I run CP's in my 500 Linebaugh and with the discontinuation of the 400gr XTP I will go back to them for my 475 Linebaugh also. I use 430gr Oregon Trails in my Marlin 45-70. Aside from all the useless info I provided the one thing I have found is whatever you use you have to have full confidence in it.

#179728 - 03/25/17 11:18 AM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: wapitirod]
Raptortrapper
Shooting Expert

I am "all in" with Cast Performance and the 335gr WFNGC for 45 Colt and 460 S&W.

#179729 - 03/25/17 02:09 PM Re: Terminal Ballistics of Cast v. Jacketed [Re: Raptortrapper]
FA834ME
enthusiast

What now? An avowed rifle shooter on a handgun site?
Heresy I tell ya!

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Gary, jamesfromjersey, Dan B., ClayFHT, Gregg Richter 
Hop to:
 Portal Sidebar
Who's Online
9 registered (MrMcPorkchop, Dekker, TN Lone Wolf, s4s4u, Franchise, Zee, 1 invisible) and 89 anonymous users online.
Top Posters
s4s4u
Whitworth
jamesfromjersey
wapitirod
TCTex.
KRal
Gary
Ernie
Tigger
Dan B.
pab1
TN Lone Wolf
johnwilliams
Gregg Richter
Raptortrapper
  Member Hunts
The Original .44 R
The Original .44 Remington Magnum

Little Gun Invitat
Little Gun Invitational Antelope Hunt 2014

Access Requires Login

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

Copyright © 2000-2008
HandgunHunt.com, Inc.