jamesfromjersey
(Shootist)
06/13/19 03:03 PM
good day on the farm

Last week I went to went to my friend Andy`s Pennsylvania farm and got a few guns on paper. My FA`s 454 was giving one hole 25 yard groups after a two day copper cleaning of the barrel. Shot the Taurus 218 Bee that is interesting at that distance with factory ammo. Think I will number the eight cylinder chambers to see what each is capable of. My 460 Smith liked 300gr jacketed ammo. Andy is shooting his 45 Super along with a 410GNR single action and a neat custom 22 mag Ruger. I`am replacing a broken firing pin on the 454 in the photo...

Randy M
(veteran)
06/13/19 07:56 PM
Re: good day on the farm

Looks like an outstanding day. Nothing like some burnt gun powder 'aroma' therapy with good friends.

longhunter
(enthusiast)
06/14/19 11:43 AM

Sounds like you had a great day, I have a few I need to take to the range myself. I would like to hear more on that .218 Bee.

RSW
(member)
06/14/19 05:59 PM

Anywhere from two to five of us meet at a small club gun range every Wednesday and shoot everything handgun. DA/SA revolvers, Autos, SSPs, even replica Ubertis from 22 to big bores. Like you said James, they are good days. These anti-gunners have no idea what they are missing. Some of my best memories are of shooting and hunting! I'm sure most of the people that read this are just like us.

Chance WeldonAdministrator
(Distinguished Expert)
06/14/19 08:19 PM

Looks like a fun time!

racksmasher1
(veteran)
06/14/19 09:42 PM

Awesome Buddy!

short30
(member)
06/18/19 11:34 AM

James, I see the plastic rest and I have a similar MTM version. I have noticed a significant difference in impact point if I allow the grip to rest on the rubber liner vs. keeping some flesh under it.I had decided flesh under the grip would be more like field conditions when hunting so I shoot that way. Just wondering if you have similar experiences and what your or anyone's thoughts are on this? I have seen Whit using a wooden brace with sandbag but was unsure about how the grip frame is supported off the bench. Picture looks like a fun day!

KRal
(Shootist)
06/18/19 03:57 PM

James, that?s a nice cap your buddy has there.

jamesfromjersey
(Shootist)
06/20/19 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: KRal
James, that?s a nice cap your buddy has there.

you old hound dog....good to hear from you

jamesfromjersey
(Shootist)
06/20/19 02:45 PM

short30, sent PM