Embalmer883
(newbie)
09/13/19 03:55 PM
4 inch Ruger Redhawk with optics question

Anyone have a 4 inch redhawk with an optic on it? thinking a ultradot or one of the small dots. Any pictures would be great.

98Redline
(addict)
09/13/19 04:23 PM
Re: 4 inch Ruger Redhawk with optics question

This is a 5 1/2" RH but it should get you what you are asking about.
This is the mount ( EGW DeltaPoint mount )

JDK
(enthusiast)
09/13/19 07:20 PM

Dave Clements.44 Magnum Redhawk with Weigand mount and Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot Sight. It's a handy combo, but I'm getting too much starburst effect for any distance shooting. I haven't tried it with my (relatively) new glasses, so it could be better now.

Embalmer883
(newbie)
09/13/19 07:41 PM

I wonder if a ultradot would fit?

Zee
(Gun Slinger)
09/13/19 09:14 PM

Originally Posted By: JDK

Dave Clements.44 Magnum Redhawk with Weigand mount and Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot Sight. It's a handy combo, but I'm getting too much starburst effect for any distance shooting. I haven't tried it with my (relatively) new glasses, so it could be better now.

That?s pretty sweet looking!

Embalmer883
(newbie)
09/17/19 06:37 PM

Anyone know if a ultradot will fit on a 4? redhawk?

short30
(journeyman)
09/19/19 03:54 PM

I have a SW 686 4 inch - I did not care for the Vortex Razor so I swithched to Weigand mount and a MatchdotII - just personal preference but both worked well from a mounting and function perspective. Pic of Razor in the Brag Board

Embalmer883
(newbie)
09/19/19 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: short30
I have a SW 686 4 inch - I did not care for the Vortex Razor so I swithched to Weigand mount and a MatchdotII - just personal preference but both worked well from a mounting and function perspective. Pic of Razor in the Brag Board

Thank you

REDHAWK1954
(Pooh-Bah)
09/21/19 04:42 AM

John, try it with your new glasses. I had the same problem with my red dots. New glasses fixed that.

JDK
(enthusiast)
10/12/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: REDHAWK1954
John, try it with your new glasses. I had the same problem with my red dots. New glasses fixed that.

Wow! What a difference the glasses made! Thanks for the advice. The starburst is all but gone. I had great vision my whole life, until the insidious evil that is age crept up on me. My vision faded so slowly that I didn't realize it was happening until it couldn't be ignored. Thanks again!

98Redline
(addict)
10/13/19 10:10 AM

The problem of star bursting is exasperated in low light when your pupils open up. Even people with great vision will experience this but to a lesser degree.

Keeping the dot brightness down helps as well.

REDHAWK1954
(Pooh-Bah)
10/13/19 05:36 PM

I am glad it helped.